Monday, June 30, 2008

Footware

I just wanted to share this picture.  Lilla came downstairs after her bath in her pjs, with her shirt tucked in (which Jay always seems to do), and socks and shoes.  It was a complete "outfit" for the rest of the evenings activities, which consisted of dinner and watching Elmo.  She was glued to the Elmo movie, and I couldn't get her to look at the camera.  She loves Elmo right now.  I like Elmo better than Barney, but Jay finds the little red puppet somewhat annoying.

In each Elmo episode, there is a character or group of character known as The Noodles.  Mr. Noodle, Mrs. Noodle, etc.  They are basically stupid people that need everything explained to them, like how to swing or ride a bike.  And in appearance they sort of resemble clowns.  Not the wig and nose and big feet, but they wear oversized exaggerated suits and have weird big mustaches.  All that to say, since we are on the topic of Elmo and his friends, that Lilla does not like the Noodles.  She either backs up away from the TV when they come on, or she makes me come sit with her for the whole minute they are on.  I think it is because they are out of the ordinary, and therefore to Lilla out of order.  If there is one thing she likes, it is order, and so I think the Noodles do not fit into her perception of orderly normal people.

No comments: